We are delighted to announce that AHA members now have free access to History Compass for 6 months starting 17 March 2008! Just login to AHA member services, and choose "History Compass" from the list of available member services on the right hand side.
Unique in both range and approach, History Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-reviewed historiographical articles of the most important research and current thinking from across the entire discipline. History Compass plays an active role in fostering research that spans centuries and continents, and provides an ideal entry point for the non-specialist.
With more than 350 articles already available, History Compass supports your research and informs your teaching by offering you:
- A new kind of core content: Articles are not traditional reports on historical research but surveys of recent historiography, ongoing interpretive debates, or suggestions for fresh directions of inquiry
- Coverage of the entire field: History Compass takes all of the past as its purview – there are no restrictions in terms of geography, time period, or historical methodology.
- Reference-linked bibliographies for each article provide the ideal entry point into specialist literature.
- Teaching and Learning Guides accompany selected articles to help you inspire and engage your students
- 100 new articles per year: 3 times more than a standard journal
- Fast continuous publication: articles typically available 6-8 weeks after acceptance
- Innovative extra content such as podcasts and blogs
For more information about the Compass journals visit www.blackwell-compass.com