The American Historical Association is hiring a Special Projects Coordinator who will play a central role in the development of new projects at the AHA, with an emphasis on digital activities and the preparation of grant proposals. The Special Projects Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and shares one direct report. To apply, send a c.v. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collaborate with other staff and members of governing Council to develop and implement new projects and initiatives, most of which will have strong digital and new media components
- Write grant proposals and identify potential new funding sources for AHA projects
- Write memos and reports to the Council relating to new and ongoing projects
- Write articles and press releases relating to AHA activity
- Generate and monitor budgets for AHA special projects
- Supervise project assistant in collaboration with Executive Director
- Participate in institutional marketing committee
- Participate in planning and implementing activities relating to annual meeting, as assigned
- Other duties that may arise necessary to the functioning of the AHA
- Ph.D. in History, preferably a field other than United States
- Digital and new media experience and fluency required, including the ability to adapt quickly to new developments
- Exemplary writing skills, including the ability to generate dynamic prose quickly
- Strong leadership, organizational, and project management skills
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Interest in thinking broadly about the future of the historical profession
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications, and comparable to entry level university faculty position.
Date Posted: July 20, 2011. Review of applications will begin August 20, 2011 and continue until position is filled.
Application: To apply, send a c.v. and cover letter to email@example.com.
*This job description is not intended to describe each and every job duty or responsibility that the AHA requires of the person in this position.
*AHA is an equal opportunity employer.