The electronic program for the 127th annual meeting in New Orleans (January 3–6, 2013) is now available online.
The Local Arrangements Committee is planning tours on local urban history, ethnic geography, the post-Katrina recovery, riverfront environmental history, tourism in the Big Easy, local music, and also several museums and archives.
Some highlights from the 2013 program include:
- A Plenary Session on “The Public Practice of History in the and for a Digital Age”, featuring AHA President Bill Cronon, Ed Ayers, Niko Pfund, Michael Pollan, Claire Bond Potter, and Mary Louise Roberts.
- A mini-conference on the job market entitled "The Malleable PhD."
- “The Odds of Queer History”-a panel exploring contemporary conversations in U.S. History about sexuality and “queer” populations.
- A viewing of the film “Eight Men Out”, featuring the director John Sayles, who will introduce the film and lead a discussion afterward.
- Sessions exploring New Orleans in a global context.