Each week we scour the web for interesting and historic documents that catch our eye. This week we stumbled across this photograph of baseball player Herman A. “Germany” Schaefer (1876-1919) trying out this camera, a 5×7 Press Graflex by Eastman Kodak, in April 1911.
- Title: Germany Schaefer, Washington AL (baseball)
- Date Created/Published: 1911 by Bain News Service
- Format: Glass negative
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ggbain-09131
- Call Number: LC-B2- 2189-6
- Repository: Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division
- Stable URL: http://loc.gov/pictures/resource/ggbain.09131/