Registration for the 2018 AHA annual meeting in Washington, DC, is now open! Those planning to attend can also make hotel reservations at discounted rates. AHA members can bring students to the annual meeting for an additional fee of only $10 for each K–12, undergraduate, and precandidacy graduate student. The 2018 meeting features a number of events specifically designed to engage undergraduate students in the life of the meeting.
The online program is now available to browse. AHA members will receive their mailed program in early November.
Preregister now and enjoy all that the meeting has to offer, including:
- Over 300 sessions featuring the latest research on every field within the discipline of history
- An Exhibit Hall with over 70 publishers, digital providers, and other companies that provide services for history scholars and educators
- A new professional development space where attendees can explore career options and strategies for achieving success
- Late-breaking sessions offering historical insight on current events
- A before-hours tour of the National Museum of African American History and Culture (enter the free lottery for our limited tickets when you register)
- Workshops on teaching all levels of history, including understanding AP history exams and crafting college-level assignments
- Four poster sessions, including a first-ever poster session featuring the work of undergraduate students
The preregistration deadline is December 15, 11:59 pm EST, so register now to get the discounted rate. Registration will still be available online after this date, but the fees will increase to the onsite rates.
Hotel reservations can be made through our housing service, Experient, by Internet or phone between September 13 and December 12, 2017. The last day to make or change reservations through the housing service is December 12, 2017. After this date, the official block will be released and rates will no longer be guaranteed. All reservations, changes, and cancellations made after December 12 must be made directly with the hotels.