December 02, 2009
The AHA’s 2010 Annual Meeting in San Diego is fast approaching. Have you registered? Are you ready to hit some San Diego points of interest? Are you planning to tweet (with the tag #AHA2010) about sessions, events, and your general annual meeting experience? To prepare, be sure to check out:
- Registration. Register for the Meeting to receive a link to make hotel reservations at AHA meeting rates.
- General Information. This includesinformation on hotels, transportation, registration, and other services.
- Online Program. The online version of the meeting Program now includes session abstracts to provide a better guide to the actual content of sessions.
- Lists of sessions. The following lists showcase sessions of specific interest to two-year college faculty, minority historians, graduate and early career historians, and history teachers.
- Events. And of more particular interest, we also have information on this year’s Film Festival, presidential sessions, the General Meeting awards ceremony, and the AHA’s partnership with HistoriansTV.
- San Diego Destinations. Read general tips about local attractions in San Diego as well as recent articles on “The Historic Gaslamp Quarter and Stingaree” (by John C. Putman), and other kid-friendly attractions (by Elizabeth Cobbs Hoffman).
- Tours in San Diego. These tours are organized by the Local Arrangements Committee.
- Job Center. Please note that both rooms and tables are still available for interviewing at the Job Center. If you are on a search committee interviewing in a privately arranged suite, please let us know where you will be interviewing to help your candidates arrive at their appointments on time.
- Twitter. For those on Twitter, please consider tagging your Annual Meeting related tweets with this hash tag: #AHA2010.