October 15, 2007
The AHA’s online calendar allows organizations and universities the opportunity to post notices about meetings and seminars, research opportunities, awards & fellowships, internet resources, and exhibitions & interpretive resources. Submit an announcement today, through the online form.
Here are some of the latest postings on a few of the sections of the AHA calendar:
- Call for Research Proposals: Advanced German and European Studies—The Berlin Program for Advanced German and European Studies offers up to one-year of research support at the Freie Universität Berlin.
- Dumbarton Oaks Project Grants – Dumbarton Oaks offers a limited number of grants to assist with scholarly projects in Byzantine Studies, pre-Columbian Studies, and Garden and Landscape Studies. The normal range of awards is $3,000-$10,000.
- Rome Prize – The American Academy in Rome invites applications for the Rome Prize competition. Stipends range from $11,500 to $23,000.
- Library Company of Philadelphia’s Program in Early American Economy and Society Fellowships – A postdoctoral fellowship, carrying a $40,000 stipend, is tenable from September 2008 to May 2009.
- Here is New York: Remembering 9/11 – Sept. 11 to Dec. 31, 2007. This emotional recollection of the events of September 11 is brought to life via photos drawn from "The Here is New York Collection" along with actual objects from the disaster.
- Public Exhibit on Russian-American Relations – Sept. 27 to Oct. 31, 2007. The Massachusetts Historical Society presents a free and open to the public exhibition about Russian-American relations. "Moments of Destiny: Two Centuries of Russian-American Diplomatic Relations from the Collections of the Massachusetts Historical Society."